AEDP For Couples: Transforming Interlocking Relational Trauma and Deprivation in Couple Treatment: Falling Freshly in Love as an Accelerated Healing Process
A one day intensive workshop giving new skills in how to heal multi-generational patterns of rage, anxiety, dissociation and distancing
with David Mars, Ph.D.
Senior Faculty of the AEDP Institute
The developer of Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy for Couples (AEDPfC)
Powerful aspects of AEDPfC will be illustrated in clinical video that includes:
- An emphasis on the felt experience of love as a key change agent in couple treatment
- Potentiating the self of the therapist in transformative work with highly dissociative or reactive high conflict couples
- A focus on healing attachment trauma in the couple dynamic as well as within each individual
- Cutting edge neuroscience that informs why and how accelerated treatment of relational trauma works
You will learn to:
- Generate the secure base required for transformative couple treatment
- Develop more somatic attunement with your couples and clients
- Discover an Early Warning System to affectively regulate challenging couple members
- Expand your own window of affect tolerance when dealing with Dorsal Vagal Response (Porges’ Polyvagal Theory)
- Resolve shame about what each couple member has done and what each was helpless to prevent being done to them historically and within the relationship
To learn more about AEDPfC go to: https://www.cfttsite.com/past-events
Here is a recent article about AEDPfC
Here is a two-minute video clip about how AEDPfC works
Meet the Presenters
David Mars, M.F.T., Ph.D.
David Mars, Ph.D. is the developer of AEDP For Couples. He has specialized in the somatically focused treatment of couples and groups for four decades, as an innovator in developing process-oriented, somatically, and empathically focused couple treatment. David has trained, supervised and consulted with Dr. Diana Fosha, the originator of AEDP since 2005.
David develops and presents training seminars and workshops nationally and internationally that focus on the AEDP for Couples model. He is the lead supervisor of the AEDP for Couples Core Training. He teaches at AEDP Immersion Courses, the Essential Skills Program and leads two ongoing AEDP for Couples supervision groups. He is one of the founders of AEDP West. David is also on the adjunct faculty of the California Institute for Integral Studies in San Francisco where he infused AEDP into his teaching of courses on the Clinical Relationship.
David’s style as a presenter is described as inspiring, warm and deeply personable. He quickly evokes trust from his audiences, which ushers in a deep level of transparent exchange of ideas and points of view about how therapists can more effectively treat the historical trauma and deprivation that underlies marital dysfunction. Perhaps most importantly, participants are moved to apply what they learn in these training programs, due to the depth of experience they take in while witnessing videos, live demonstrations and engaging in experiential practices.
Date, Time and Location
Date: Friday, May 11, 2018
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Charlottesville Downtown Mall
100 5th Street NE
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Fees and Registration
“Because of AEDP and AEDP for Couples, the way that I work has been deeply transformed. My couples are experiencing healing in a more accelerated way along with a more grounded felt sense between them of feeling more deeply connected and in love with each other. Love indeed does feel good!”
∼ Tami Chelew, LMFT AEDP San Diego
What other clinicians have to say:
“You opened up the world of the positive for me…I can soar with this work.”
“I love seeing the courage, confidence and support for students like me who are newer to both AEDP and couple treatment. David sets an exquisite stage for learning complex skills and material.”
“The end result is clarity and precision in theory and practical application. My [left and right] hemispheres are in synch…just enough of each”
“I feel grateful for the clarity, value, scope and responsiveness…I feel excited, tremulous, wanting to continue to learn more.
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Charlottesville Downtown Mall
100 5th Street NE, Charlottesville, VA,